Monday, April 25, 2011

Ribbon Napkin Rings

When I moved into my first apartment, I was eager to start hosting small dinner parties for friends. Having been given a lovely set of china, I wanted to outfit the dining table accordingly. I quickly found a tablecloth and napkins set on sale, but I searched and searched for napkin rings that fit my budget. Finally it dawned on me to dig into my ribbon supply. For less than the cost of only one napkin ring at Pier 1 or Bed Bath and Beyond, I made an entire set of these colorful ribbon napkin rings. =)

They’re so easy and quick to make. With all the fun ribbon designs out there, there are many possibilities for table decor. For these napkin rings, I simply cut a piece of ribbon long enough to tie a loose loop around a napkin and then tied a double knot.  I also fray-checked the ends. Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment