Sunday, May 1, 2011

Skirt to Blouse Refashion

Before: a full, mid-length, elastic-waist skirt.
I’ve been so inspired lately, reading numerous blogs of other “refashionistas.” Wow, there are countless neat ideas to be shared!  In the words of another blogger, there is a tremendous online community of “creative, crafty, environmentally aware, frugalnistas”!

My newest refashion interest comes from several skirt-to-blouse transformations that I’ve come across recently. My version didn’t turn out like either of my sources of inspiration because I made a lot of mistakes along the way that I had to salvage. I was intending to make the blouse with fluttery sleeves, but after mis-cutting them, I opted to go for a sleeveless halter look and use the fabric from the sleeves to make flowers on the collar. Although the final result is significantly different from what I originally visualized, I’m delighted how it turned out!


After: My new blouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment