Thursday, October 27, 2011

Introducing Thankful Thursday!


Thanksgiving is supposed to be not just an annual holiday, but a daily attitude. As the Psalmist declares, "It is good to give thanks to the LORD, and to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; to declare Your lovingkindness in the morning, and Your faithfulness every night" (Psalm 92:1-2). So, today I'm introducing Thankful Thursday! Starting today, every Thursday I plan to blog highlights from my week of things for which I'm grateful. This Thursday I am especially thankful for . . . 

1. Family Dinners. What a blessing it is for my family and me to be a complete family unit living under the same roof this year. We're loving our nightly family dinner times.

2. Third-Grade Hugs. One of the many things I love about being a teacher's assistant in third grade is all the affection and hugs I receive from the children throughout the day. =)

3. Tennis Class. My brother found out about a free promotional "Learn Tennis Fast" class at the Tennis club. The two of us signed up for it as a "brother-sister date" and had a blast earlier this evening! We've signed up for a session of classes, and I'm so excited about the chance to improve my tennis skills, get great exercise, and make more fun memories with my brother!

4. Two more courses completed toward my master's degree. Getting closer to that finish line . . .

5. Blogging. I'm thankful to live in a country that values freedom of speech and to live in a time of history when we have the technology that makes such communication possible. Through blogging, I love gleaning so many wonderful ideas from other people, and I enjoy being able to express my own musings and creative outlets.  

"Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! His mercy endures forever" (Psalm 107:1).

No comments:

Post a Comment