Saturday, October 22, 2011

Quote Garden: Nature


My favorite quotations about nature . . .

I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in.  (George Washington Carver)

God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone, but on trees and flowers and clouds and stars.  (Author unknown, commonly attributed to Martin Luther)

Never does nature say one thing and wisdom another.  (Juvenal)

There is a way that nature speaks, that land speaks.  Most of the time we are simply not patient enough, quiet enough to pay attention to the story.  (Linda Hogan)

Nature is the art of God.  (Thomas Browne)


---
* The above quotations were collected from various sources. I have done my best to quote and credit them correctly. Please inform me if you notice an error.

No comments:

Post a Comment