Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Today is Thankful Thursday #18! One of my highlights of this past week was the Mother-Daughter Valentine Tea, which I posted about on Saturday. There are many behind-the-scenes things I'm thankful for about the party, including . . .

1. A sunny and unusually warm Saturday before the party. Mom, Peter, and I decided to take advantage of the unseasonably mild weather, to rearrange our porch furniture, ahead of time. Moving tables and chairs from inside to outside and from outside to inside was so much easier, not having to deal with snow or frigid temperatures.

2. Peter's help hanging streamers. We had some good quality brother-sister time listening to music and talking while we decorated the porch together. =)

3. The fine china I've inherited. I feel very privileged to have inherited my grandmother's lovely set of china, as well as a set from another godly mentor. It's my honor to carry on their legacy of hospitality.

4. The supermarket deli and bakery. What a relief to have the freedom to purchase chicken salad and scones already made! With all the things I'm currently juggling in life, I knew it would not be realistic for me to try to make all the refreshments from scratch. So, I planned my menu based on what was available pre-made. The supermarket deli and bakery saved me a lot of time and a lot of stress preparing for the party.  =)

5. My family's cheerful support of my idea and all their assistance in making the party a special occasion for everyone who came.

No comments:

Post a Comment