Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Quote Garden: Planning


My favorite quotations about planning . . .

Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world! (Joel Arthur Barker)

Make a plan and then plan on that plan not working out at all how you wanted it to. (Alexa Mas)

See God’s faithfulness and goodness in your life everyday. Pray hard, work hard, and watch God make it all happen. (Janet Kroon)

God is greater than my bumblings. (Kristina Kroon)

Success in life is loving God and doing His will. (Unknown)

Live so that your memories will be part of your happiness. (Unknown)

Anything that leads you closer to Christ is worth spending your time on. (Unknown)

Fortune favors the bold. (Julius Caesar)

God has given me enough information to obey today. (Kristina Kroon)

Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. (Vincent van Gogh)

Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now. (Alan Lakein)

Over and over, God proves His success rate to be perfect and complete. There is nothing too big, nothing too small, nothing too impossible for Him. God will fulfill His plan for lives at the ‘appointed time.’ (Aprill Brunson)

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans. (John Lennon)

Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God. (Corrie ten Boom)

God’s heavenly plan doesn’t always make earthly sense. (Charles Swindoll)

O my God, grant that I may so wait upon Thee, that when quick decision and action are needed I may mount up with wings as an eagle; and when under direction of Thy will and the needs of the people I have to keep going under pressure, I may run and not be weary; and in times of routine and humble duty, I may walk and not faint. For all my fresh springs are in Thee, O God of my strength. (George Appleton)

If plan A fails, remember you have 25 letters left. (Unknown)


God never issued instructions that He is not prepared to equip us to follow. (Elisabeth Elliot)
 
Lord God, I so often try to persuade You that my plans and hopes are in my best interests and then ask You to bless them. But when I really think about it, how can I know what is really best for me? I can only judge by appearances, but You look ahead to the outcomes. Only You see and hold the future, and I want to confess that only You know what is truly best for me. Grant that I would become increasingly willing to let loose of my fond aspirations and embrace what You know is really in my best interests. I know I will have to wrestle with this all my life, because I often struggle with what You bring into my life and tell me to do. It is only when I embrace Your goodness and wisdom that I can stop wrestling with Your good plans and purposes. (Ken Boa)
---
* The above quotations were collected from various sources. I have done my best to quote and credit them correctly. Please inform me if you notice an error.

No comments:

Post a Comment