Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Marvelous Mid-March

This week we're enjoying unusually warm spring weather. According to the Weather Channel, temperatures are 20-35 degrees warmer than normal for this time of year. Technically although it's still winter, today feels much more like early May than mid-March. Marvelous, if you ask me! How can I resist enjoying the outdoors on such a day as this?! On my way home from school, I swung by the Dow Gardens for my first time this season. I made sure to stop by the Conservatory, to see the butterflies on exhibit. When I came home, Dad had our bikes already waiting in the driveway, for a father-daughter bike ride to the Nature Center.  =)

The first crocuses of spring make me so happy!

How fun to watch the butterflies in the conservatory!

What a delightful surprise when this beauty landed on my hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment