Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012 in 2012!

“His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness...” (2 Peter 1:3-4). Scripture repeatedly declares that God freely gives us good gifts. (See Psalm 36:8; Psalm 68:19; John 1:16; Romans 8:32; James 1:17; 2 Peter 1:2-4.) Inspired by Ann Voskamp’s beautiful, best-selling book, One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are, I've decided to go for 2012 in 2012! Throughout the year I will be keeping a journal of the gifts God brings in my life. A number of these gifts I look forward to posting in my weekly "Thankful Thursdays." Others will be shared only as far as my family's kitchen table, and some I'm sure will be just between God and me. I want to live this year, moment by moment, basking in His fullness; and I want to look back on this year, remembering His goodness. Here's to thanking. Trusting. Hoping. Celebrating. Living.


No comments:

Post a Comment