Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Today is Thankful Thursday #13!

My current facebook status reads, "The more frustrated I feel, the more grateful I must choose to be." In light of that wisdom, I have decided for today's Thankful Thursday post to list reasons I am grateful for my car. Lately, I've been only too aware of its quirks that irritate me. Earlier today when I was ranting to my brother about my car's latest idiosyncrasy, he convicted me that complaining or contentment is my choice. Since it's not in my budget anytime soon to replace it, I should be better about enjoying what I do have. Even though it's definitely not my dream car, when I stop to think about it, there are a lot of things about it for which I have to be grateful. . . .

1. Most importantly, it is a reliable vehicle. It gets me where I need to go.
2. I like the exterior color--a nice royal navy blue.
3. It has a comfortable interior. I'm especially glad the heat and defroster both work.
4. It has a spacious trunk.
5. It has low mileage, considering its age.

Thank you, Lord, for this vehicle that You have provided for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment