Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bloom Where You're Planted

One of the greatest compliments I've received to date came from a friend who shared these kind remarks about me at a farewell party: "Kristina, you bloom where you're planted; and you also make the place where you're planted bloom." My friend's praise confirms a favorite Scripture verse of mine: "Let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us" (Psalm 90:17).

Last summer God began teaching me more about His beauty around me and upon me as I began a habit of picking and arranging flowers I found growing wild along the edges of the campus where I lived. Over the course of last summer and autumn I made dozens of arrangements to enjoy in my own apartment, as well as to give away to friends. Looking for His beauty and then sharing it with others helped give me perspective in the middle of a difficult season. In the midst of a lot of frustrating situations in my life, what a joy it was to have such vibrant reminders that God desires His beauty to be upon me.






No comments:

Post a Comment