Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Style Secret: Looking Great on Less

Window-shopping the expensive designer stores and then finding ways to look great on less is a creative pursuit that makes me happy.   

Today I wore one of my favorite skirts. It's a mid-length, floral A-line with an inverted front pleat, from Target, which I bought at a thrift store several years ago and altered. Just about every time I wear it I get complimented. But today was extra fun because I was shopping at Ann Taylor. The saleslady greeted me at the door when I walked in. "I love your skirt!" she gushed. "Where is it from?"

Today reminds me of another summer outfit compliment I received when a friend and I were browsing the swanky shops in downtown Charleston. I was wearing a madras skirt that I had made, paired with a tank top from Wal-Mart. As we were perusing the clothes in JCrew, another customer came up to me to ask me where I got my skirt. Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment