Friday, August 5, 2011

Kiddie Quotes

This summer, in between all my travels, I’ve been subbing at a local summer kids’ day camp. I’ve been blessed to have a flexible job that is also giving me valuable experience in the field of elementary education. One of the many things I love about working with children is hearing the cute comments they say. Children tend to see life differently than us grown-ups, and sometimes the way they express their thoughts and observations makes me chuckle. Here are a few of my recent favorite kiddie quotes:

I had just finished counting all nineteen of the kindergarten boys in line for the fieldtrip when Parker* asked, “What number comes after nineteen?” “Twenty,” I answered. “Well,” he replied, holding his stuffed penguin Penny, “Then there are actually twenty boys. Penny is a boy too. And this is his first time ever going to the Dow Gardens!”

While Jillian* and I were playing together on the teeter-totter during playground time, she told me, “My mommy says we can either get a little brother or a puppy.”

On a field trip to pick blueberries at a blueberry patch, one of the boys declared, “I only like blueberries from Meijer.”


*names changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment