Monday, November 14, 2011

Enlighten My Darkness

Lately I've been meditating on the promise from Psalm 18:28, "The LORD my God will enlighten my darkness." What an encouragement, as lately I've felt all but overcome with confusion, discouragement, and weariness. Isaiah 50:10 is assuring too. I'm glad to know it's not abnormal to be trying to obey God's voice and yet still feel in the dark. I just need to keep trusting in His name and relying upon Him. Psalm 139:11-12 reminds me that even when I feel consumed by darkness, nothing is hidden from God. Even the night is as visible to Him as the bright day. As 2 Corinthians 4:6-7 reminds me, God is Light and He commands His light to shine in my heart to bring me to Him. "For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us."  Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment