Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today is Thankful Thursday #3! This week I am especially thanking God for . . .

1. Public libraries. What a fantastic community resource! I'm partial to the local public library here in Midland, the Grace A. Dow library. Of all the libraries I've visited in different parts of the country, the Grace A. Dow library is my personal favorite. As an incoming elementary teacher, I especially love to frequent the children's section to get better acquainted with the books I would like to incorporate in my future teaching.

2. Pinterest. Pinterest has become my newest favorite study break/stress reliever. What an awesome way to find, share, and organize ideas!

3. Substitute teachers. This week the third grade teacher who I assist has been ill. Although our class has certainly missed our teacher, we have had several excellent substitute teachers help us throughout the week. I feel privileged this week to be learning from these other experienced teachers, as they bring their expertise, personalities, and ideas into the classroom.

4. Scented candles. Lately I've been enjoying the aroma of Slatkin &Co (from Bath and Body Works) Autumn as I study in my room.

5. Microsoft Word. Writing papers for graduate school is hard work enough with the convenience of Microsoft Word. I'm so glad I don't have to put up with typewriters. How did people do it before typewriters?

No comments:

Post a Comment