Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Oh, give thanks to the LORD! Call upon His name; make known His deeds among the peoples! (I Chronicles 16:8)

Today is Thankful Thursday #2! This week I am thanking God especially for . . .

(1) Verity friends. Peter and I drove to Indianapolis last weekend to attend the annual Harvest Fest at Verity. It was a special reunion. How blessed we are to have so many wonderful friends. It was fun to catch up with a number of them.

(2) reliable transportation. Over the years Peter and I have made the trip to and from Indy dozens of times and never once have we had car trouble. Many thanks to our dad who keeps all of our vehicles well-maintained and filled with gas.


(3) my Nikon Coolpix. I've had my camera for about a month and a half now, and I absolutely love it! I'm delighted to finally have a small point-and-shoot camera to take with me wherever I go. Many of the nature photographs I've been posting here on my blog these past few weeks have been taken with my Coolpix.

(4) tissues. Fighting a head cold this week, I really appreciate tissues! They're one of those little conveniences in life that make a big difference.

(5) my Macbook. I've had my trusty laptop since March 2007. What a trooper it has been for all the graduate papers I've written, photos I've edited, websites I've searched, etc. I'm hoping it continues to hold up for many more months!

No comments:

Post a Comment