Sunday, November 13, 2011

Psalm 103

Ongoing situations in my life have made this a very frustrating season for me. It just seems the longer things stretch out, the harder they get. I'm weary. I'm confused. Sometimes I feel like I'm losing my bearing. How long, O Lord, how long? This morning as I was journaling some of my confusions, He prompted me to read Psalm 103.

Bless the LORD, O my soul; 
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
Bless the LORD, O my soul, 
And forget not all His benefits:
Who forgives all your iniquities, 
Who heals all your diseases,
Who redeems your life from destruction, 
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. . . .

As a father pities his children,
So the LORD pities those who fear Him.



In the midst of life's strugggles, it's assuring to realize that the LORD remembers His children with compassion. His mercy and righteousness endure forever toward those who fear Him. Bless the LORD, O my soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment