Monday, November 28, 2011

Strength of My Heart


Taken on a gray, chilly fall day, this picture of Black-Eyed Susans illustrates to me the message of Psalm 73:26. The warm, sunny days of summer are over; most of the blooms have frozen in the first frost. Although the shriveled stalks in the foreground appear dead, the flowers still blooming in the background prove that the plants have not died. Through the cold days of winter ahead they will wait, patient and still. Come next summer they'll be vibrant as ever. As we can observe in nature, God does make everything beautiful in its time. Even when we can't see the evidence, He is at work, according to season. During those "winter seasons" in my own life, it is all too easy to lose heart. I need the reminder that "God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment