Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today is Thankful Thursday #4! As William Wordsworth puts it: "All that we behold is full of blessings." This week I am especially thanking God for . . .

(1) the Midland Community Center. Since I'm a graduate student and not earning a lot of money this year, I recently applied for and received a scholarship for an annual membership to the MCC! PTL! I joined the MCC, primarily so that I can go lap swimming regularly during the winter months.  I love swimming, but it's been years since I've been in the routine. While swimming my first lap the other day, I couldn't contain an underwater grin--it felt so good to be back in the lap lane again.

(2) Teacher's Editions. As a teacher's aide, I grade stacks and stacks of papers. One of the many advantages of Teacher's Editions is those handy answer keys that are included. What a time saver!

(3) Adobe Photoshop. What an amazing tool for photographers and graphic artists! Lately, it's been one of my main tools for my creative artistic outlets. I would be lost without it.

(4) egg omelet breakfasts. My mom is so kind to faithfully make me an egg omelet and fruit cup for breakfast every morning. Starting the day with a large, protein-rich meal is exactly what I need, to handle the demands of working in an active elementary classroom. =)

(5) brother-sister dates. Peter and I have been having a lot of fun together in our weekly Thursday evening tennis classes. Our first session of classes ended tonight, and the two of us agreed to treat each other to the next series of brother-sister dates at the tennis center. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment